Well good news… I’m back! I know I know, I said that I’m shutting down this blog because of my new portal 2BAware, but hey, I have just made a list and found more than 60 topics that I want to write about so here I am again..
Alright so let’s begin – most of you probably didn’t read my post Follow Your Heart as it is one of my earliest blog posts. Well just about a month ago a good friend of mine who is also a great writer, Jaden Larker, asked me after reading this post “How? How can I differ between the mind’s and the heart’s will?”
That’s a great question – as most of the time, if not all of it, we are a slaves to the will of our programmed mind. It seems that we have totally forgoten how to listen to our hearts, which are much smarter than our brains (Did you know that latest brain researches show that our heart sends to our brain 4 times more information than our brain sends to the rest of the body? Isn’t that crazy?).
When do we usually feel our hearts? When we are in love, when we are looking at a small child and when we are enjoying a hobby that we REALLY love, usually some kind of an artistic hobby. You see? The most important things in life are being activated by the heart.
So now you have a dilemma – should I take this job or shouldn’t I? Should I break this relationship or shouldn’t I? Should I go eating McDonald’s or shouldn’t I? (That’s gross man, why do you even think about it?!)
And here’s the prescription (Not 4 McDonald’s, there is no prescription for that) –
(1) Close your eyes, take 5 deep breaths from the nose to the bottom of your stomach and out from the nose, relax.
(2) Move your attention to your heart.
(3) Say – I’m taking this job.
(4) Check how it feels – can you feel your heart getting wider? Is it starting to vibrate? Does it make you smile? Good – you should take this job.
(5) Say – I’m not taking this job.
(6) Check how it feels again – Can you feel your heart getting narrower now? are your breathes becoming shorter? Can you feel some tension in your chest, or maybe a small pain in there? Seems like you have an easy decision to make.
* Many times our heart and mind collide. Your heart says one thing, which is totally unreasonable (for the mind) and your mind says just the opposite, which is sooo reasonable. To make things a bit tougher, all the advisors around you will say exactly what your mind says. That’s because your mind is a programmed machine, and their minds are programmed just as well. So – don’t ask for any advice, and go with your heart. Always.
** It might take 2-3 times till you really get a hold of it. Don’t give up, once this ability is developed, you will always make the right decisions – even when your mind doesn’t agree with you.